Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Barter?

Times are tough for a lot of people, with the current economic crisis. I've always been interested in alternatives to capitalism. I just ran across this post and was intrigued by this quote:

"So I looked around for what I needed, I saw right away that I needed some yard work done (I am highly alergic to grass.) I posted a small ad and the next day I had a landscaper call me, he needed his wifes computer to be fixed and the best quote he received was $150. So he is going to come here in the morning and do 2-3 hours of yard work for me to remove some adware and install a few programs on his wife’s computer. Good deal for me. Trade 2 hours of my time doing something I like to do for 3 hours of something I hate to do, it is also a winning situation for Chris, the landscape guy, he just does 3 hours of work and saves himself $150."

Take a look at the rest of the post for other ways in which this individual successfully bartered.

Does anyone reading this, barter? I'm going to start today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment