Wednesday, February 25, 2009

GMO's have got to go!

Wow, I just read another article on the effects of GMO's on the environment. To summarize an organization, named Navdanya, in India did some research for 3 years on soil planted with Bt (GMO) Cotton and soil planted with non-GMO cotton. The soil planted with Bt (GMO) Cotton is dying!! Thanks Monsanto for your wonderful gift of GMO's for the world!

Of course, I'm being sarcastic about Monsanto, they suck! Anyways, I was interested to learn about the organization that did the research. Navdanya, was founded by Vandana Shiva, she is the author of a great book titled Biopiracy: The plunder of Nature and Knowledge.

In the book, Dr. Vandana Shiva argues that genetic engineering and the cloning of organisms, far from being socially useful are "the ultimate expression of the commercialization of science and the commodification of nature."

"In the era of genetic engineering and patents, life itself is being colonized," says Shiva.

Wow! 'Nuff said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree with you.... Humans must never try to modify the genetic makeup of any living thing. Humans must try to be a part of nature but now, we humans are trying to alter the nature itself. Thanks for posting useful information about the bad effects of GMO food.

My URL-
http://www.agri4b.com/

Jimmy Bob said...

Thanks for the comment! BTW, could you tell me how you heard about my blog. Also, do you have a blog I could link too. Thanks!!

Post a Comment