Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mott Haven & The Bronx's FIRST Church.




Hi, the other day I visited a section of the South Bronx called Mott Haven. Mott Haven, in the past and still is, one of the most economically disadvantaged communities in the United States.

I'm looking to start a project in this area, that deals with an urban farm and artist village. This area is rich in history, so I had a nice little vacation and took some pictures. I plan on going back many more times to document other historical and interesting places.

I've included some pictures of an abandoned building I'm going to find out about and St. Ann's Episcopal Church.



Also, just a reminder that sometimes there is a vacation right in our own backyards, check out your own community and admire it's history, customs and cultures. I'm sure you will be surprised!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

1776 by David McCullough is a great read about that year in U.S. history, and details a lot of the Revolutionary War history in NYC.

Jimmy Bob said...

cool, thanks, i'll have to check it out!

Post a Comment